The Executive Director is the key management leader and Chief Executive Officer of Open Door Immigration Services. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan in keeping with the mission of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, community outreach, and case management. The Executive Director will initially develop deep knowledge of the field. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
BOARD GOVERNANCE: Works with the Board of Directors to fulfill the mission of Open Door Immigration Services and further the ministry of Highrock Church.
- Responsible for leading Open Door Immigration Services in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Directors and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for reporting to and working closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising, and increasing visibility of the organization.
- Responsible, jointly with the Board, for maintaining official records and documents to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Responsible for serving as a non-voting, ex-officio member of the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for attending weekly Highrock staff meetings and monthly Board of Ministry Leaders meetings.
FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE AND VIABILITY: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Open Door Immigration Services, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for the oversight or completion of all bookkeeping, payroll, insurance, compliance, and tax obligations.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Open Door Immigration Services’ mission.
- Responsible for reporting on grants and providing end-of-year charitable contribution receipts to donors.
ORGANIZATION MISSION AND STRATEGY: Works with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, community outreach, and church involvement.
- Responsible for the implementation of Open Door Immigration Services’ programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Open Door Immigration Services can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Open Door Immigration Services’ image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Responsible for cultivating in the church an understanding and engagement with immigration issues and with Open Door Immigration Services.
- Responsible for overseeing all marketing and communications efforts.
- Responsible for receiving accreditation as a DOJ Representative and maintaining a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
ORGANIZATION OPERATIONS AND COMMUNICATION: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of Open Door Immigration Services’ operations.
- Responsible for establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of Open Door Immigration Services.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for ensuring that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- Responsible for encouraging staff and volunteer development and education.
- Responsible for signing all notes or other agreements made and entered on behalf of the organization.
- Responsible for serving as the primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the public.
- Responsible for performing such other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
The ED will be wholeheartedly committed to the mission of Open Door Immigration Services and will have proven leadership, communication, and management skills. The ED will be an active Christian and have a heart for the mission of the church.
- A bachelor’s degree (advanced degree in relevant field preferred)
- Experience working with nonprofits
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Ability to convey the vision of Open Door Immigration Services’ strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability